500by12

Chronicling the books we read to our children (and perhaps the books they read themselves). Can we read 500 before they turn 12? Only time will tell.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Books on tape

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about the idea of books on tape
at first. They seemed like a pale imitation of what we were trying to
achieve. However, experience has made me wiser. Jaymie and Julia both
enjoy listening to books on tape during Stanley's nap each day while they
color or draw, leaving Kristen free to get other things done. Our local
library has a nice selection of books available.

I'm always surprised that Jaymie is able to listen to a book on tape while
she is busy doing something else, but every time I quiz her to see if
she's really comprehending what's being said, she answers my questions
perfectly. I suppose it's not a bad skill to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home