500by12

Chronicling the books we read to our children (and perhaps the books they read themselves). Can we read 500 before they turn 12? Only time will tell.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Reading from the past week

I haven't been very good about updating this past week, in part because I'm reading The Voyage fo the Dawn Treader to Jaymie now in the evenings, while Kristen reads to Julia, so I don't have much new to report on a nightly basis, and I don't know exactly what's being read to Julia. Here's a list of some of the library books she's heard over the past few days:

Heckedy Peg by Don and Audrey Wood. I've listed this before, but this is a great favorite of Julia's.
The Spooky Tail of Prewitt Peacock and Cock-A-Doodle-Dudley by Bill Peet. Also listed before, and often requested by Julia.
Thidwick, the Big-Hearted Moose by Dr. Seuss. I loved this book as a kid, so I got it for Julia. I think she liked it.
And to Think that I Saw It on Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss. I've been getting a lot of Dr. Seuss for Julia. I realized a while ago that our kids have never heard a lot of these stories.
John Philip Duck by Patricia Polacco. Patricia Polacco is a favorite around our house. I haven't read this one myself yet.
Ira Says Goodbye by Bernard Waber. I haven't read this one either, but it's the same Ira from Ira Sleeps Over, which we like around here.

Stanley's been requesting If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff several times a day. He also has asked for our copy of The Magic Schoolbus: Lost in the Solar System by Joanna Cole, illustrated by Bruce Degen. Surprisingly, he sits through the whole book, which is quite a bit longer than his usual fare. I'm not sure what he likes about it. He is familiar with the TV program based on the books, since we have borrowed some of them from the library, so perhaps that is what is keeping his attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home