500by12

Chronicling the books we read to our children (and perhaps the books they read themselves). Can we read 500 before they turn 12? Only time will tell.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

We've finished the Chronicles of Narnia

I finally finished reading The Last Battle to Jaymie a couple of weeks ago. I was a little worried that the ending would be sad for her, but I'm not sure she understood fully what was going on. At any rate, she enjoyed all of the books a great deal. We're kind of in an in-between point in her read-alouds. Any suggestions?

Our library book sale was a couple of weeks ago. I bought about 20 books for Jaymie and Julia. Titles in another post.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Jen said…

    Hi Bryce.

    We've recently enjoyed The Fairy Rebel by Lynn Reid Banks, A Little Princess and Owls in the Family. They were all big hits.

    Also, I know that Jaymie is older than my girls so I was thinking of books I liked around that age. Haven't tried these out as read-alouds yet. Don't know if you have.

    The Secret Garden
    Pollyanna
    The Trumpet of the Swan
    Finn Family Moonintroll
    anything by E Nesbit

    Goodluck!

     
  • At 5:31 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Allison said…

    Have you read the Roald Dahl book "The Witches" yet? Our kids read that recently and loved it. And it's seasonally appropriate.

     
  • At 10:04 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Bryce said…

    Jen and Allison --

    Thanks for the suggestions. Library day tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home