500by12

Chronicling the books we read to our children (and perhaps the books they read themselves). Can we read 500 before they turn 12? Only time will tell.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

I finished reading Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis to Jaymie a couple of weeks ago. We actually got almost through the whole book before Christmas, but then the holidays messed up our reading schedule, so we restarted the book.

I always worry that books will be too scary or violent for Jaymie, who tends to be a bit sensitive to perilous situations. She seems to be able to handle action in books a lot better than on screen.

Currently reading: Bedknob and Broomstick, by Mary Norton.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, February 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We've been reading the Chronicles of Narnia to Elizabeth (7) and Phoebe (4) for a little over a year (on and off). They both really liked the first one, although I also worried about the scariness factor as well as whether the book was actually suitable in any way for Phoebe. She kept listening along, though, even when I'd start reading only to Elizabeth. After the first book, Elizabeth started reading ahead and so I only get to read some of the chapters to her now, which I think I mind more than Phoebe does.

    Anyway. Interesting blog. I will probably revisit it again, since I'm always on the lookout for good reading ideas for my kids. Do you have any set list or program of books you intend to read? Or is 500 books just a nice round number?

    Allison B.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, February 05, 2005, Blogger Bryce said…

    Allison--

    Welcome! We don't have any curriculum or program. Part of my purpose for this blog is to attract others who can suggest books for us to read.

    As for the number 500, the first post on this blog (click here) explains where it came from.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home